Medical/Clinical Laboratory Technologist | Laboratory
Laboratory Managerwith LabMinds Staffing & Recruiting
Click I’m Interested to see the facility, pay package, and more.
Location Hawthorne, NV
Start Date ASAP
Min. Years of Experience 5
Job Type Full Time
Laboratory Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversees staff and activities of the laboratory; assigns and distributes work; determines priorities; schedules non routine procedures; performs personnel-related functions (hiring, firing, disciplining, training, etc.).
- Performs waived, moderate and high complexity testing and other related laboratory techniques. May duplicate the work of others to confirm test results.
- Re-evaluates methodology, makes recommended changes, and assists in test interpretation.
- Determines if further testing should be done on blood samples or if the test should be repeated.
- Takes laboratory procedure and blood bank call after regular working hours and weekends on a rotation basis.
- Ensures that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is functioning properly.
- Initiates quality-control measures and monitors work quality for compliance with laboratory standards.
- Monitor adherence to safety regulations.
- Completes special projects as requested, e.g., surveys, statistical reports, studies, research.
- Responsible for purchasing supplies for laboratory. Recommends procurement of new laboratory equipment and monitors maintenance/repair needs of existing equipment.
- Responsible for the development of policies and procedures for the Laboratory.
- Performs duties of technicians as necessitated by absence or peak workload.
- Responsible for Infection Control.
Highest level of education completededucation • No Expiration Indicated • Required before Submission
Nevada Clinical Laboratory Scientist Licenselicense • No Expiration Indicated • Required before SubmissionDescription
Any State License is accepted